Licensed Parelli Professional 2* Junior Instructor

My official Parelli Professional website can be found at;

http://instructor.parelli.com/lillanroquet

Thursday 5 February 2015

Merrida Looks For a New Home ...

Well, it is time to make a little announcement ... as not all things are always meant to be, Miss Princess Merrida, who has been with me on trial since November 23, will be returning to her home in California in just a few days.


She is a WONDERFUL and very talented mare, and I have had an amazing time developing her. In the spirit of truth and transparency, I only had two hesitations with this horse, one of which will settle out in time Im sure. My first hesitation is her size, she is just a BIG mare, some people love that ... I really have enjoyed it, and have realized its not quite for me. The second is that she is slightly environmentally unconfident when left alone. She is great with another horse, and great if you are playing with her ... and if you turn her out by herself she gets emotional. As I said, Im sure that this challenge will dissipate with time and training, but with my lifestyle it didn't seem like a fair hurdle for her to jump in the rapid time I would need her to do it. 



As I mentioned she will be returning to her owner in California for the time being ... However, her owner would love her to find a perfect forever Parelli Home. She is a Selle Francais X Thoroughbred, and so far a Left Brain Extrovert, but more Left Brain Introvert under saddle. 


She LOVES to learn and she LOVES people. She has traveled with me from Reno, NV, to Pagosa Springs, to Phoenix, and back to Salt Lake, and next week she will head back to the Sacramento area.  Rhett Fincher also put 4 rides on her for me over Christmas, an we filmed our "Level 1" video just for fun, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO-fg21pGsQ . She has had many great experiences while she was in my care, and I can't wait to help her owner find her an AMAZING Parelli home. 



I wish that I could keep them all ;) ... I just know in my heart that she is someone else's 100% perfect partner! PLEASE feel free to email me if you have any questions about her, or might be interested, and I would be happy to help! lillanroquet@hotmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment