Licensed Parelli Professional 2* Junior Instructor

My official Parelli Professional website can be found at;

http://instructor.parelli.com/lillanroquet

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Tuesdays: For Garbage & Grattitude

So.... This blog is for me, from my heart, for the purposes of cleansing and renewal, if that doesn't do it for ya than stop reading now and save us both the grief :), or continue, be soft and careful with my vulnerability, and perhaps some beauty will come of it.

At our house, Tuesdays is garbage day.... So in the spirit of tossing out the old and bringing in the new, I thought I would take a little time to count out what I'm grateful for in this now, and from the last few days. "Gratitude is the bridge to love," so hopefully putting some gratitude out there will send some more love back me and my families way :).

For those of you who don't know I spent the weekend with family in Orange County. My step mom, is there currently fighting the battle of her life.... Literally, against an unfair, unrelinquishing, and intense foe.... An unknown and rapidly growing cancer. So this week, my blog reaches out to her, her spirit, her strength, and all her "ninjas," fighting this incredible battle. 

Ok, so back to gratitude .... I'm writing this as I lie in a hotel room in limbo between leaving the hospital and arriving home.... Because my flight was delayed in OC, I missed my connection in Denver, hence the hotel room. So, what am I grateful for? Lol.... Hmmm :)

Being here right now allowed me a conversation with a close friend I wouldn't have had, a friend that reinforced that she will always be someone I can call on and count on when and if I need, so I'm grateful for that.

I got to watch a young woman, (Left-brain Extravert!) direct, comfort and soothe passengers in the direction of comfy and cozy beds, doing far more than she needed to, and showing us all how much she clearly loved her job. Beyond that, her spirit was clearly contagious, and inspired a young man to take people to hotels that WERE NOT the ones that he drove the shuttle for! Just in an attempt to make our lives easier ;). So I'm grateful for that.

I'm grateful for free entertainment on my flight from OC to Denver and a fantastic interview with Hugh Jackman, reminding everyone to live every moment like it was the first time you've experienced it.... Because it is. So I'm grateful for that....

I'm grateful for no one booking the seat next to me on not One, but TWO of the legs of my flights this weekend.... Very grateful for that :)

I'm incredibly grateful for the doctors and nurses tending to my family, but especially the nurses ....Spending these last few days in the hospital makes me so incredibly grateful to all of the amazing nurses out there. There are a lot of you out there who choose to put love and passion into horsemanship and this journey as well as spending countless hours helping those in need, so I have met you in multiple capacities. Having this experience, I truly can't thank you enough..... Your balance, care, sympathy, effectiveness, efficiency, support, pride, and love is unparalleled anywhere in our workforce. Thank you for all you do, you are overworked, underpaid, under appreciated and incredible. I'm so grateful, as is my family in our time of need. THANKYOU, you all know who you are.

Which brings me to my last point of gratitude before my body crashes more completely.... I'm so grateful for my family. We are what many would call broken, splintered by divorce, and reconnected by choice. And I love you all. Your senses of humor, your care, your concern for others and your love has become so apparent through this challenge. So I'm grateful for that.

And to finish, I'm grateful in advance.... For two things.... First for the day when perhaps I may need one of you, a shoulder to lean on, and knowing you'll all be there completely in your own way and that will make it magical .... And I'm grateful for a day down the road where we will all again be seeing Turquoise not because of twisting the observances of morphine into conversation, but because we will all again be on a tropical vacation laughing and enjoying each others company without the backdrop of a crisis.

So, toss out the old and be grateful for the big and small this week, gratitude is the bridge to love and as we all know, love conquers all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment